Tuesday, April 30, 2013

April showers bring May flowers

Tomorrow is May Day and I'd like to invite you to bring a little sunshine to someone else's day.  I remember making a pretty construction paper wreath with flowers to hang on our doorknob at home when I was in grade school.  I can still picture it!  We even did a May Pole activity outside at recess.  It's a forgotten holiday for the most part now, but why not brighten the day of your neighbor, best friend, or child's teacher with some unexpected flowers? 


Last year, we made these pretty paper flower cones with printables from emily at Jones Design Company.  If you follow my blog, you know I subscribe to her monthly printables.  Check them out!  I have to admit, I didn't get them done in time for May Day; but, we used them for teacher appreciation week at Shimmer and Shine's school a few days later.  Would love to have filled them with wild flowers, but even a grocery store bouquet looked special embellished this way.


Here are few of my favorite ideas for this year, that I've seen recently on pinterest for your inspiration.


I hope you'll share your stories of whose heart you made happy, and be blessed as you create :)

1 comment:

  1. We ended up making the one in the middle with the twigs and green flowers. So adorable and the perfect surprise to brighten a special friend's day! It turned out so cute, we plan to make a couple more for teacher appreciation next week. Shine will be happy to eat some more yogurt for the good of the project and gather some sticks from the woods out back :)

    ReplyDelete