Sunday, March 11, 2012

The Bridal Shower




Shimmer and I met my aunt at the restaurant hosting the shower yesterday about an hour and a half early to decorate before the guests started to arrive. I spent most of my time peeling a pre-cut set of three large poms my aunt had bought and then quickly hanging everything. No time to fuss about placement like I would normally. I think this was the first time I'd ever done decorating somewhere other than my own home where I have time to arrange and rearrange. A custom keepsake banner I made for my cousin was the focal point of the front window, and a special slideshow of memories I compiled and set to music was the emotional highlight of the shower. I burned dvds of the slideshow ahead of time for the moms, grandmas and the bride-to-be as special shower favors. Shimmer was put to work filling the favor boxes with mints and candy kisses, while my aunt attended to all the other "finishing-touch" details before the guests arrived. It was a lovely day and the bride-to-be went home with a carload of gifts and best wishes!


No comments:

Post a Comment