Monday, March 10, 2014

A Wee Bit O' Green

St. Patrick's Day is coming up next week and while we don't go overboard around here with any leprechaun shenanigans... I do want to change up my winter decor just a little for March. It's still so cold that I just can't bring myself to put away all our pretty off-white bottle brush trees or our paper snowflakes yet, but I did print this pretty gold four-leaf clover for our kitchen windowsill. Just the right touch next to my boxwood and a more subtle tribute to all things Irish.


Shimmer and Shine will be treated to some Lucky Charms for breakfast next week, which is a pretty special since I don't buy sugar cereal very often; and, I plan to make some traditional Irish Potato soup for dinner on Monday.


I spent a little time this afternoon making this pretty paper shamrock to hang on our twig tree in the hearth room. I was hoping to have time to make at least two more, but I actually like the simplicity of the single four-leaf clover... sometimes less is more.

My paperworks subscription this month from Jones Design Company included a pretty printable that was the perfect update for our mantle. (I'll do a post later this month about paperworks and how much I love it!)


Maybe April will bring warmer weather, and I'll be inspired to take down our Scandinavian mantle until next Christmas, but in the meantime it continues to be the bright spot in this year's loooong, cold winter for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment