Thursday, March 13, 2014

An Irish Blessing

One of the specific goals I set for myself at the beginning of 2014 ("a good deed I will do"), was to send four care packages this year -- one each quarter is what I was thinking. St. Patrick's day seemed like a fun theme for some "happy mail" for my niece who is in her freshman year of college.


An unexpected package to brighten up an especially long, cold winter! I hope she and her roommate enjoy all the magical details (clockwise from top center): a "rainbow" loom ladder bracelet made by Shimmer (I tucked a "wee" bit o green inside the printable card... doesn't every college student need some cash?!?!); Halls Defense Vitamin C drops and some Bath & Body Works "Lucky" hand sanitizer to keep her well; a St. Patrick's day fortune teller (free printable here); a pack of polka dot and stripe socks from Target; plastic "Kiss Me" necklaces from the dollar bin; a single serving of Lucky Charms embellished with a cute printable tag and a wooden spoon I stamped with a chevron pattern; a pack of Skittles to "taste the rainbow"; a few chocolate gold coins from the pot o' gold at the end of the rainbow bagged with a cute "It's Your Lucky Day" topper; a fun shamrock word search; St. Patrick's day jokes tied up with some gold baker's twine; a green pencil cup; a pack of Kleenex for her bookbag; and, last but not least, some holiday stripey straws I also found at Target (kept a couple of those for Shimmer and Shine, too). I bought a pretty box at the post office to pack it all up (blarney... they didn't have green), and thought the rainbow polka-dot tissue paper was the perfect finishing touch. I used a small paper doily and some gold stripe washi tape to address our "happy mail".

Praying this care package is a blessing of smiles and a temporary distraction from mid-terms and homework. Can't wait to see who God places on my heart to surprise next!

No comments:

Post a Comment