Thursday, January 24, 2013

Pinspiration

So... before I post the details from Shimmer's birthday party, I thought I would credit two of the parties from which I drew most of my inspiration. I may have a reputation for creating beautiful parties, but I want to give credit where credit is due. I spent many an evening curled up on the couch, after the kids were in bed, surfing my favorite website, Pinterest, for party ideas. I started taking mental notes; but, soon I had so many ideas, that I needed to make physical lists to keep my thoughts organized!

Before we ever decided on the baking theme, I had pinned THIS party I fell in love with by Cookie Mondays almost a year ago.

photo credit: Cookie Mondays - March 2011

The aprons and cupcake liner garlands she made were just the cutest! Her cupcake papers were purchased from a shop called BakeItPretty. Turns out, they have a blog, called One Charming Party, and THIS is where she got the idea.

photo credit: One Charming Party as featured on Amy Atlas - November 2010

Best I can tell, they came up with this adorable theme! Please visit both blogs, if you get the chance, and see all their creative genius at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment