Friday, March 8, 2013

Comfort in a Cup

I've been on a health kick lately... actually, I'm hopeful that it's more than just a kick, and rather a change in lifestyle. I gave up soda for Lent for the third year in a row and while the first two days were the hardest, I haven't missed it since then. Around the same time, Love and I attended a local charity ball semi-formal. Saw pictures after the fact, and was not happy at all with the way I looked. Instant motivation for regular treadmill workouts and a healthier diet. I'm not overweight by any medical definition; but, I'm not physically fit by any stretch of the imagination either. Shimmer and Shine are really active kids and I want to be able to keep up with them this summer and look good doing it! Instead of cookies and coffee with my Almond Joy creamer for breakfast, I have actually been eating a real breakfast over the last two weeks. Sometimes, as simple as half a grapefruit and an english muffin with peanut butter and other times as "fancy" as lemon blueberry quinoa pancakes. YUM!


This morning as I was making my breakfast, I wanted to share with you one of my favorite new finds at the grocery store... TAZO chai latte concentrate. It's comfort in a cup, without the guilt! Simple as mixing half a cup of the concentrate with half a cup of milk... heat and enjoy! I feel good, first because I'm actually drinking some milk (adding much needed calcium to my diet). Plus, calories are less than 130 and the sweetness is derived from cane sugar and honey rather than refined sources and is limited to 16 grams. I love a cup of warm spiciness to start my day... cheers, chai lovers!

No comments:

Post a Comment