Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Brown Paper Packages Tied up with String

Have you wrapped your gifts yet or are you a late wrapper like me? I've spent many a Christmas Eve up until 1:00am wrapping those last few gifts for under the tree. Last year, I set up "gift-wrap central" in our attic and actually wrapped them all before nightfall; but, yes, it was Christmas Eve. I leave everything out up there, by the way, for Love and Santa to wrap their gifts also so everything coordinates... of course ;) This year, I'm hoping to put a dent in the wrapping I have to do on Friday while the kids are at school.


Here are a few photos of my wrapping last Christmas. I was all into the kraft paper trend.



Shimmer and Shine liked all the embellishments I used to decorate their packages and Love commented more than once on how much he liked the simple style of the brown paper packages.


This year, I plan to add a little glitz to the mix... I picked up some sparkly silver snowflake giftwrap at Target, some gold polka dot giftwrap at Hobby Lobby and some irredescent aqua foil giftwrap at Michaels. I love adding natural elements to the ribbons and plan to cut some everygreens to do that. As much as I take pride in finding the perfect gifts for my family and friends, I put just as much love into making the package pretty, too!

Have fun wrapping and let me know if you have a color-scheme or theme for your giftwrap this year!
______________________________________________________________________

Tonight Shimmer unwrapped a new book that Mommy picked out for her this year... called Winter's Gift.


This is a book I wasn't familiar with, but since Shimmer is such a horse-lover it caught my eye.

The reviews convinced me it was a must-have. Look it up and see if you agree...

No comments:

Post a Comment