Saturday, December 15, 2012

Holidays Rule

After a week of cleaning, de-cluttering, and decorating for Love's staff party the night finally arrived. To make things easier on myself, we decided to cater the big event and I am so glad. I'm learning to admit that I cannot do it all and still be a nice mommy/wife for the week! The menu and food from TWN were to die for... shrimp cocktail and baked spinach artichoke dip for starters; followed by sausage and chicken jambalaya over rice, coffee-rubbed beef tenderloin, and potato pancakes with sour cream and applesauce for dinner. We had cheesecake bites with an incredible cherry topping and my lemon cookies to end things. I also made some cranberry simple syrup and served up Christmas cocktails with Cupcake Vineyard's Prosecco garnished with lime and frozen sugared cranberries... Mmmmmmm!

Sorry, no pictures... simply enjoyed the night. There's nothing like sharing the holidays with good friends. May all your days be merry and bright, and if you're looking for an excellent Christmas soundtrack for your holidays, let me suggest this one:


I bought it because I love the Civil Wars, but this collection of songs and artists is so diverse and fun... TRULY a must-have!!!!!!!!!

p.s. Before company arrived, Shimmer and Shine opened their advent book today and found a book that they both actually have a copy of...


...my Aunt liked this one so much she bought it twice! It's called The Gift of Christmas and it is full of the spirit of giving.

No comments:

Post a Comment